Established in 1983 in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, Manichand Beharilal Literary Services aims to empower aspiring authors with relevant skills and knowledge.
Our main focus is to empower the children of South Africa so that they:
• Are better and brighter students in the classroom through creative writing
• Develop into young and responsible adults
We believe that the progress of any nation, country and society can only be measured by the education of its people. Our books are user friendly and serve as educational and empowerment tools for parents, teachers and librarians.
Ekurhuleni Libraries Creative Writing Workshop.
Addressing Learners at South African Book Fair with Honourable MEC Nomafrench Mbombo.
Ekurhuleni Libraries Readathon and Literacy
Reprint of the South African Classics Workshop.
Manichand Beharilal also facilitates reading empowerment and literacy activities seminars for community and school librarians. We also offer high quality programmes to empower aspiring authors with relevant skills and knowledge. We have undertaken the following projects:
• Creative writing workshops for aspiring writers, learners, educators, librarians, and youth.
• Librarians Reading Empowerment seminars
• Literacy Activities seminars
• Motivational speaking regarding general reading and writing, reading and writing in the indigenous languages, playing sport in school, the hazards of drug and alcohol abuse, physical and mental abuse, violence at schools, teenage pregnancies, HIV/AIDS etc.
• Spelling Bees
• Reading sessions
Our books are user friendly and serve as educational and empowerment tools for parents, teachers and librarians.